Relax! You can save money and take that dream vacation this winter by using a few of these tricks:
1. Forgo hotels in favor of rentals. Pay less per-person when you opt to rent a vacation house, as opposed to staying in a hotel. In addition to having more room and a kitchen at your disposal, you'll avoid pesky extras like resort fees and taxes.
2. Look for coupons. Sites like Groupon.com and LivingSocial.com can offer big discounts on local food and attractions.
3. Drive, don't fly. With gas prices at their lowest point in years, you can stretch your budget by hitting the open road with your family instead of the airport. Driving also allows you to be more flexible with your plans.
4. Cruise during the 'Wave Season'. Each January, February and March cruise lines offer significant savings for cruisers. Book during this time and you can get much more than just a great deal. Some cruise lines offer on-board incentives in addition to low fares.
5. Select an off-the-beaten path locale. In addition to saving money, you'll notice less tourists at these great locales. Cities like Milwauke, with their emerging local food movement and small museums, give you a big town feel at the small town price.
6. Open a Vacation Club Account. Your vacation club account at Unity One Credit Union allows you to put as little as $10 a month aside to begin saving for your next vacation. Saving money in this account couldn't be simpler; use payroll deduction or automatic transfers to build up your stash of cash prior to your vacation.
ABOUT UNITY ONE CREDIT UNION
Established in 1927, Unity One Credit Union is the oldest credit union in Texas. A member-driven and not-for-profit cooperative, Unity One CU served the employees and families of the BNSF Railway for 70 years. However, after transferring its corporate headquarters to Fort Worth in 1998, the credit union expanded its field of membership to include other non-railroad companies, organizations and individuals.
Today, anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Fort Worth, Blue Mound, Saginaw, Haslet, Keller, Colleyville, Bedford, North Richland Hills, Southlake, St. Paul, MN and Kansas City, KS may apply for membership. Unity One CU has seven branches to serve over 30,000 members nationwide. For more information about Unity One Credit Union, visit www.unityone.org. Think outside the bank.™ www.unityone.org