According to a Dallas Morning News education special feature, the Princeton Review selects 10 top college majors based on versatility of skills "in the curriculum that will apply to many careers." It also says to follow your passion and explore new interests in college. The list is meant as a starting point to consider. Here they are:
- Business Administration and Management/Commerce - May lead to the top of the organization.
- Psychology - Understand the workings of the human brain and behavior.
- Nursing - Lots of science coursework involved in addition to compassion.
- Biology/Biological Sciences - Understand "how life forms interconnect."
- English Language and Literature - Good prep for a future in law, international studies and public policy.
- Communications - Good training for business, social services and human resources.
- Politicial Science - Future lawyers, activities and journalists should start here.
- Computer and Information Sciences - Having a passion for problem solving is very important.
About Unity One Credit Union
Established in 1927, Unity One Credit Union is the oldest credit union in Texas. A member-driven and not-for-profit cooperative, Unity One CU served the employees and families of the BNSF Railway for 70 years. However, after transferring its corporate headquarters to Fort Worth in 1998, the credit union expanded its field of membership to include other non-railroad companies, organizations and individuals.
Today, anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Fort Worth, Blue Mound, Saginaw, Haslet, Keller, Colleyville, Bedford, North Richland Hills, Southlake, St. Paul, MN and Kansas City, KS may apply for membership. Unity One CU has nine branches to serve over 27,000 members nationwide. For more information about Unity One Credit Union, visit www.unityone.org. Think outside the bank.™